As a Registered, Licensed Dietitian, Erin has one to one nutrition counseling experience, provides group nutrition presentations and employee wellness services. Promoting lifestyle change is important to achieve and maintain long term health and wellness goals. Erin helps her clients make realistic lifestyle changes that positively impact their health and can be maintained indefinitely.
What is a Registered Dietitian?
- Registered Dietitians (RDs) are the food and nutrition experts, translating the science of nutrition into practical solutions for healthy living. The expertise, training and credentials that back a registered dietitian are vital for promoting positive lifestyle choices.
- RDs earn a bachelor’s degree with course work approved by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND).
- RDs complete an accredited, supervised practice program at a health-care facility, community agency or foodservice corporation. RDs pass a national examination administered by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- The “RD” credential is a legally protected title that can only be used by practitioners who are authorized by the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Some RDs may call themselves “nutritionists,” but not all nutritionists are registered dietitians. Anyone can call themselves a “nutritionist” regardless of education or training. For the best nutrition advise, counseling and education always ask for the RD credentials!